 Marketplace / Appraisal / 626
    Old bricks —Dan Thompson
   Recently, I was at a garage sale and found a nearly complete Black Seas Barracuda set with original instructions and box. I noticed right away that it had pieces that didn't belong to the set. After I got it home, I looked through it and found some (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: Old bricks —Clark Stephens
   Dan, What you have is Lego made from Cellulose Acetate (or CA). That is a kind of plastic that Lego used until 1963. After that, they switched to ABS still in use today. The Pat. Pend. mark appears on both CA and ABS bricks. The descriptions you use (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.appraisal)