 Marketplace / Appraisal / 542
Re: My 2nd Find Of The Year!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 03:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Josh Baakko writes:
A few weeks back, I won some auctions, 1 of them was a large number of 1xN
bricks.  I was figuring, "Wow, a ton of parts to build with!"  I got the
parts today, after a week & a half wait, & discover about 50 Old, & I mean
Old lego bricks, the ones without the pins on the underside!  Most were red,
but there were yellow & white & blue also.  One Blue one included was a Blue
1x6, with a fairly worn "transport" printing on it.  I also picked up my
first Classic Helmet.

The reasoning behind the Appraisal newsgroup is, I'm wondering if the Old
bricks could take in some money?  Higher then the normal brick, or just
close to the normal?

maybe the decorated ones.

I love my old bricks, but it's not as if you can "collect the whole
series"... bowing CA, vertical ribs, horizontal ribs, side injected, top
injected, innies, outies, slit tubes, 80s crossbar, octagonal tubes, round
and rectangular plate pilings, circles under the eyes, patent pending,
defaced, and sometimes sloppy, puffy logo, loopy O,  the whole brick
evolution to the present day (and sometimes reversion). It's a scrawny lot,
usually discolored. Who knows what the whole series is? Who cares?

I'm happy that you got some old bricks!