 Marketplace / Appraisal / 503
Re: 12v question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:37:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Michael Dickinson writes:
hi josh don't know about new but second hand i have three and would sell for
about $100 Australian dollars only because there are going to be so many
metro liners without them soon so every one will want one.

What do you mean there will be so many metro liners without them? I live in
the US but I collect and play with the 12v trains? Is the reissue of the
Amtrak Metroliner being offered in a 12v version in Australia (instead of
the 9v version offered in the US)?

So far I have two 7864s. One has the typical 2 prong plug like pictured on
the box. The other came from the factory with a grounded, 3 prong, 240v,
50amp plug. I thought it had been modified until I saw the sticker on the
box covering the 2 prong picture stating what type of plug it has. Neither
of my transformers has a detachable cord.

Mark <<