 Marketplace / Appraisal / 470
Re: Black Castle Feathers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 23:53:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

What is the value of a single feather wheel in black? The item I am asking
about looks like this:
http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon3/lego/images/feathers.jpg

Alternatively, I would also be interested in the value of only the three
pointed feather, the largest one on the wheel, if it were loose.

I am trying to figure out if I am buying, or painting...

After your first inquiry in .b-s-t yesterday, I got curious about just how
common the Black feather is.  It turns out that I only have TWO Black feather
wheels versus a few dozen of Yellow and Red.  I figure that Black is the least
common, followed by Blue and then White; Yellow and Red have been very common.

With all of the Castle sets that I own I was surprised Black feathers are so
rare.  Never thought much about it before.  And until I go investigate I would
have to guess that the Black feathers were only used in Forestmen set 6066 and
possibly 6077, 6071, or 6054.

There may not be any sellers out there who will sell you Black feathers, so I
guess that you may want to consider the painting option you mentioned above.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego enthusaist for over 20 years....

.