 Marketplace / Appraisal / 446
    Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices —Greg Perry
   (...) To me, another factor (besides the ones mentioned) in the equation is whether the person buying the set is purchasing it to play uh I mean build with or whether they want it to put on the shelf MISB and simply bask in the warm glow of (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices —Simon Robinson
     Another big factor will be the age of the set. If I'm buying a set that's 3 or 4 years old I'm not going to care very much if it's in MISB. On the other hand I'd pay a _lot_ for MISB for just about any set from the 1970s, because I know that would (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices —Bob Parker
   (...) Yes, that makes sense - opening the set to build it instead of keeping it unopened as an investment is a very important distinction. Also. like the other posts talked about, the age of the set is important. My current period of collection is (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

        Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices —Kyle D. Jackson
   (...) Bob, from what I've seen Classic Space sets that are still MISB will eBay at prices 4 times over that of opened sets. The example you reference for the 6950 is not all that surprising. (...) If you are a builder, the best deals to be found are (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)