 Marketplace / Appraisal / 398
Re: sets 952 and 404 with box and instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 08:08:28 GMT

Set 952 with box and instructions should be worth at least $75 ($75-90). I have
bid more than that and lost a few times. This set always seems to fetch a lot
of bids - though it is probably one of the least appealling sets from the first
expert builder year.

Set 404 I am not sure about, but I would say around $45 (maybe $35-55). Bulk
sets from the mid 70's should be worth more than the standard bulk rate -
especially if there is good reason to think they will form complete sets. Hope
this helps.

70's sets are great. If your freind is looking for another buyer, feel free to
pass my name along...

Jason Proksch
(JPLEGO)
Stiff-figs rule!

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Adrian Drake writes:
A friend of mine is looking to sell these, and I'm trying to get a feel for
their value.  Neither of them are on the current or past sales on Ebay, so I
can't use that as a judge.  He also has a box of sets from the mid-late
70's, without instructions, but I figure I'd offer him the going bulk
average (~$6 a pound) for those.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com