 Marketplace / Appraisal / 324
Re: BT1 Minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:51:19 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Mike Cormier writes:
How much is a near-mint BT1 torso?

Perhaps .50-.75 USD if truly in good shape.

And if assembled into a minifig, would it matter if it was the same colors
with only torso original?

Almost certainly.  If it was other colors besides black except for the torso,
it wouldn't be BT1 it would be some sort of custom job...

I think his question was "If I take a BT1 torso, and put a brand new
smiley, black legs, black helmet, black air tanks, and black visor on
it, is there any difference than if I could find the original bits which
went with the torso".

I think from 95% of peoples feelings, this would if anything increase
the value (I'd rather have a brand new shiny set of black legs than an
old grungy one). The only thing which people might object to is not
having a solid stud on the head, and I just don't see that very many
people would care about that.

I haven't paid too much attention lately, but I seem to recall complete
BT1 minifigs going for over $1 on eBay. I wouldn't pay more than that,
but then I've got BT1 minifigs coming out my ears from miscellaneous
minifig lots (for the limited duration of BT1, and the small number of
sets, theres a HUGE number of BT1 parts out there, I've managed to
acquire several more BT1 castle wall corners just because they happened
to be part of lots that I'm buying. Of course the BT1 torso was used for
longer than BT1 [I forget what else] - has any other set than the 6894
Invader used the trans red 3x6 half octagonal plates? I see them all the
time, often with no other sign of any BT1 parts).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com