 Marketplace / Appraisal / 319
Re: "Buy The Brick"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:39:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Dave Jost writes:
Am I mistaken or have we as a whole (Lego community) tried to avoid a price
guide!!??

Probably.  I know it's been debated to death before.  I don't find price
guides useful myself, and (perhaps somewhat cynically) have seen them used
primarily as a useful tool by profiteers.

I can see why the price guide..To make money.. and of course why not we all
have to earn a living..

I suggest the heck with price guides and the heck with the spam.. the
Andreas Stabno got slammed on not but a week or two ago..

Should we not be boycotting this as its accuracy(like Todd already
mentioned) is off the mark..??

anyone else have any ideas/feedback??

Well, I know that if I had received this, it would have gone straight to
spamcop.  Also, since it seems he pulled the addresses from eBay (explaining
why I didn't get it), that's a pretty blatant violation of eBay's ToS, and I
would have reported him there, too.  (Of course, if he's a power seller,
nothing would happen.)

Beyond that, I can't see how I'd use it.  As a buyer, I'm not going to pay
more than I think something's worth, regardless of what the price guide says,
and as a seller, I'll either auction it, or sell it at reasonable margin.

James
(rabid anti-spam radical guy)