 Marketplace / Appraisal / 225
Re: 1986 McDonalds Promo Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:29:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Andreas Stabno writes:
In lugnet.market.appraisal, Brian Bacher writes:
I have most of a case of each of two Lego sets from a 1986 McDonald's Happy
Meal promotion. Specifically, I have the last two sets in the four-set • series.

See them here:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1914

and
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=1915

Until quite recently, I was unable to follow eBay with any regularity, and • have
not seen these for sale before.

Does anyone have any idea of what these might be worth? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Brian

Hmmm, I've never seen these before either, but from looking at the pieces I'd
say that most of us can easily build the sets from our spare parts.  What
makes the sets valuable to a collector is the McDonald's packaging.

I'd look through eBay for similar McDonald's promotional toys from the mid 80s
to determine what these might be worth.

Value well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Unless, of course, someone was really
desperate for those 2x2 clear slopes or old-style town wheels. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Brian