 Marketplace / Appraisal / *456 (-10)
  Selling Collection

I'm selling a LEGO collection and was wondering if anyone thikns they could give me an ideal price? COLLECTION DESCRIPTION: Lot contains a large amount of LEGO A very large amount Lot is mainly castle oriented The lot is packed in 4 boxes Parts are (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  The Value of 1793 Space Station Zenon

Hi all, I was wondering how much a complete with instructions copy this set is worth. This set was only available in the United States for less than a year in 1995 which has made it vary scarce. Both eBay and Brickbay do not have much of this set in (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Ferry window prices?

Can anyone tell me what would be reasonable price for ferry window bricks? I have 4 kinds of them, 1 x 8 and 1 x 6 white with black windows pattern , 1 x 6 white with blue windows pattern, and 1 x 6 white with black stripes and blue windows pattern. (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Bob, from what I've seen Classic Space sets that are still MISB will eBay at prices 4 times over that of opened sets. The example you reference for the 6950 is not all that surprising. (...) If you are a builder, the best deals to be found are (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Hi Bob and guys, (...) Its an very old question. Imo its an silly one, just pay the price for the sets youre willing to pay. Dont bother to compare it to other deals. Secondhand LEGO isnt worth more then 30 - 50 % of the original sellingprice. When (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Personally, I think it's a pure judgement call on your part. How much do you want a set? How necessary is it to have the set, or can it be built from existing parts? etc. I've had very disappointing results where even the condition of a opened set (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Yes, that makes sense - opening the set to build it instead of keeping it unopened as an investment is a very important distinction. Also. like the other posts talked about, the age of the set is important. My current period of collection is (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Depends on how rare it is, how wanted it is, how old it is, how common the non-MISB version is etc etc. For instance, with say the 8480 Space Shuttle, MISB vs used with box makes less than 50% in my experience, while with say a 8860 Car (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Another big factor will be the age of the set. If I'm buying a set that's 3 or 4 years old I'm not going to care very much if it's in MISB. On the other hand I'd pay a _lot_ for MISB for just about any set from the 1970s, because I know that would (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Here's one metric: the Lego factory stores sell MISB sets with damaged boxes for 50% less. Cary "Bob" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GCtHww.EBF@lugnet.com... I understand that a MISB set will command a higher price than a complete set that (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact