 Marketplace / Appraisal / *451 (-5)
  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Personally, I think it's a pure judgement call on your part. How much do you want a set? How necessary is it to have the set, or can it be built from existing parts? etc. I've had very disappointing results where even the condition of a opened set (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Yes, that makes sense - opening the set to build it instead of keeping it unopened as an investment is a very important distinction. Also. like the other posts talked about, the age of the set is important. My current period of collection is (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Depends on how rare it is, how wanted it is, how old it is, how common the non-MISB version is etc etc. For instance, with say the 8480 Space Shuttle, MISB vs used with box makes less than 50% in my experience, while with say a 8860 Car (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Another big factor will be the age of the set. If I'm buying a set that's 3 or 4 years old I'm not going to care very much if it's in MISB. On the other hand I'd pay a _lot_ for MISB for just about any set from the 1970s, because I know that would (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Here's one metric: the Lego factory stores sell MISB sets with damaged boxes for 50% less. Cary "Bob" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GCtHww.EBF@lugnet.com... I understand that a MISB set will command a higher price than a complete set that (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact