 Marketplace / Appraisal / *286 (-5)
  Re: Insuring LEGO collections

I've been wondering about this same problem myself. I don't think I have 25K in LEGO, but I'd say I have at least 10K. I doubt that my insurance would cover more than 2-3K if there were ever a loss. Please let us know if you find a good suggestion. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Insuring LEGO collections

(...) Yes - I was specifically asking about my LEGO, and the agent again specified that it was LEGO. I included an inventory list of sorts also. My most expensive pieces are the monorail straights at $10 each. (I paid $5 for a kitten in AucZilla (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

SRC wrote in message ... (...) Not yet. (...) Did they specifically say LEGO appraisals, or just antiques and collectibles? I know of some places that do appraisals of the latter, but do any deal with something like LEGO? -- John (remove the obvious (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Insuring LEGO collections

(...) I believe that the last time this topic popped up, someone said they had used current/recent eBay auction prices to provided an estimated value for their sets. Seems to me that this would be a valid option. (...) Not a clue. I'm nigh unto (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Insuring LEGO collections

(...) If you have a _list_ of all you have (I have a list of most of my sets, it's on my web page), then you could tally the aprox current market value, and tag it onto the bottom of the list. They might accept this...otherwise, get a LUGNETer or (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact