 Local / United States / Vermont / 97
Re: NELUG Meeting: 1-10-2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:59:29 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Matthew Miller writes:
Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:
NELUG will have it's first meeting of the new century

Or whatever. :)

Yes, I did specifically avoid saying "millenium".

It is definitely a new century.

It's no more, or less, a new century than it is a new millennium. Note
carefully I take no position on the main questions (1), but do assert
logical equivalence.

As to how to spell my name, it's(2) not that hard. After all, I figured
it out by the time I was 10.

1 - in this missive, although my stance has been articulated elsewhere.

2 - note correct "'" position.. "it's" is short for "it is", it is not
the possessive of "it". (3)

3 - I LOVE being a pedant.