 Local / United States / Utah / Salt Lake City / 7
Re: Introduction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:54:48 GMT

Michael Ulring writes:
Hello, I may be moving to the SLC area after the holidays (mid-Jan
'99).  How popular is LEGO in the area?  Do most stores still carry
older sets?  I'm currently in Ohio where there are a lot of collectors
and the older stuff is quite hard to find.

Hi Mike!

How popular is Lego?  I only know of four other serious Legomaniacs in the
area, and one of them is my wife.  :-,  Any time I mention my second favorite
pasttime to anyone, they laugh, pause a minute, then say "oh, how...what the
heck?"  Puzzled side glances often follow.

If you want to look for Legos in the area, you'll always find them at Toys 'r'
Us, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Super Target, and ZCMI.  Older sets (more than 2-3 years
old) seem to be found in some other state.  ZCMI probably has some huge cache
of old sets somewhere, but you have to keep an eye out for them.  And the it's
usually something like 15,000 identical $3 sets.

Cheers,
- Sproat