 Local / United States / Utah / Salt Lake City / 61
Re: That Wacky Cost of Living
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:17:08 GMT

Anyway I've been looking through the Trib's website and have seen a
fair amount of apartments around $400.  So the big question becomes,
does anyone have any idea how much a month I'm REALLY looking at to
live by myself in an apartment?  What would be a realistic hourly wage

I'd look really carefully at those apartments.  There are several areas I
would not want to live in for free.  I'd guess you're looking at $500/month
for something decent in a fairly decent area.  Check out Rent Net
(www.rent.net, I think) for more info.  I happen to live in an Archstone
property (archstonecommunities.com) that I'm happy with but it's nearly
$800/month for two bedrooms.

at presumably 40 hours a week?  Any info would really be appreciated
since I'm currently leaning towards coming back to Utah since my
current job at TRU is getting cut back to a whopping 18 hours a week
and finding a job in Houston without previously knowing someone is
about as likely as a snowball staying in hell for more than an hour.

I've seen a lot of help wanted signs in the Salt Lake valley;  especially
restaurants and retailers.  Depending on your skills/background, check the
Trib's classifieds, too.

Thanks for reading my non-Lego post. ^_^