 Local / United States / Utah / Salt Lake City / 59
58  |  60
Subject:
That Wacky Cost of Living
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut.slc
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:32:37 GMT

Well, as some of you may remember from previous and various posts, I'm
been considering moving back to Utah.  The only problem is, I don't
have a particularly realistic idea how much it would cost to live
there.

I figured the SLC Lugnet subgroup would be the best place for me to
ask instead of asking friends who have no idea in the first place and
biased parents that want me to stay in Houston or don't want me to
stay in Houston depending on their mood.  So, I know this is a bit off
topic, but bare(bear/beer/fred?) with me.

Anyway I've been looking through the Trib's website and have seen a
fair amount of apartments around $400.  So the big question becomes,
does anyone have any idea how much a month I'm REALLY looking at to
live by myself in an apartment?  What would be a realistic hourly wage
at presumably 40 hours a week?  Any info would really be appreciated
since I'm currently leaning towards coming back to Utah since my
current job at TRU is getting cut back to a whopping 18 hours a week
and finding a job in Houston without previously knowing someone is
about as likely as a snowball staying in hell for more than an hour.

Thanks for reading my non-Lego post. ^_^