 Local / United States / Utah / 78
Re: Lego (DK) Animals and Figures Books (semi-review)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 06:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ut, Ashley Glennon writes:
I purchased the Lego Animals and Lego Figures books tonight at the Media Play
in Ogden.  Both books cost less than $10 total with tax.
snip
My second impression
is that the statement made by DK that you can build these items "from bricks
you have at home" is not realistic.  Outside of mega-Lego enthusiasts, I doubt
the average kid has all the specialty bricks necessary to make the necessary
figures. Example: How many "pre-pirate" era kids have brown 2x2 round plates
or the soccer ball from the World Cup soccer sets? The animals book will
likely be more satisfying for younger Lego fans as it uses pieces more
frequently found in the freestyle sets.

The soccer ball piece is part of the standard line for 2000.

Ashley
http://www.minifigmuseum.freeservers.com