 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / 55
54  |  56
Subject:
SW (and other LEGO) in Temple, Killeen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:38:07 GMT

First, I will say that the TRU in Killeen has the best selection of LEGO of
any TRU I have been to (in fact, of any store I have been to).  I often go
there just to see what they have.  They have sets from 2-3 years ago that most
other places have long sent back or discontinued.  Yesterday, I saw the $9.99
Western set (that has two little boxes and "western" background, for $5.00.
Not bad for four minifigs and sundry other pieces.  They also had the older
combo sets of a small Spyrius craft packaged with a small western set, for the
regular $7.99.  I also saw five different Rock Raiders sets.   They also have
several Technic from 2 years ago; yesterday I bought the Technbic 8223, 126
pieces (including a moustached blue Technic figure) for $12.99.  I once found
the Spyrius Red Robot and Imperial Guards for a discount!  So, drive the 50+
miles north and check it out.  I wouldn't be announcing this locale except I
am moving to NY in July!  :-)  Also, I have picked up some goodies at the
various K-Marts and Targets in Killeen and Temple.  I once bought $300 worth
of LEGO at the Killeen K-Mart during a K-Mart 20% Off sale, of material that
was already marked down 20%.  I insisted in getting 20% off the 20%.

At any rate, I started out north from Pflugerville looking for SW, and
actually had the best luck at the Georgetown WalMart, which (after I bought
one of each) still has 2 7150 Tie-Fighter/Y-Wings, 1 or 2 7140 X-Yings.  They
also have many of the 7128 Speeder Bikes, as did most stores in the Killeen,
Temple area.