 Local / United States / Texas / Austin / 25
Re: Hi everyone. I'm Austinite also!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:16:30 GMT

Patrick Justison wrote:
University of Texas Grad Student!  Anyway, my interests are building micro-fig
and mini-fig scale space craft.  Check out my site:
http://members.tripod.com/~Pat_Justison/PLSCP.html
Patrick

Yea, I looked at those when you announced them on some other lugnet group, very
cool!

From your pages you look to be Space fan.  Me too, my main themes are Space,
Castle, and old-style Town, plus a little Technic since I got Mindstorms.  :-)

Went to the NW TRU today, no SW sets yet but they seem to have all of the
Lego System space sets, non of the rock munchers (or whatever they are called)
though.  Do any of the people here check out the stores in town frequently?  I
check out Target (NW 183), NW TRU and occasionaly the Wal-Mart, are there any
other good places to find sets?

I've had some good luck at the K-Mart at Mopac and Parmer.  Their toy section is
usually in disarray, but I've found some bargains hidden in the piles.  Last
time I checked (about 2 weeks ago) they had an opened but complete looking 5988
Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins for 50% off.  I've also found some other bargains
there in the last few years (2 Renegade Runners and ~ 4 Star Hawk II's).  Since
I live up in NW Austin it's a short trip for me, I could post anything I see at
this K-Mart in this newsgroup if you'd like.

I've also found a few bargains at the K-Mart on the south end of 35, but their
normal selection sucks.  I haven't been to the K-Mart on 35 north of Austin for
a while.

The NW TRU's Lego isle seemed smaller than the other TRU's around here...  In
fact the whole store seemed smaller.  Has anyone else noticed that or think
otherwise?

I'll update my Lego store shopping list and post the URL here.