 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 19
Re: Cross-posting of NELUG announcemnt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:26:13 GMT

I just wanted to post a short follow-up to the NELUG announcement seeing I
won't have access to a computer until sometime Sunday before the "Golden Ticket
Event".

I was very happy with the initial response.  I recieved 5 submissions of the
form on NELUG and that does not include Robert Munafo who expressed interest
earlier, Larry Pieniazek who has a long distance interest, or myself.  So it
sounds like a group to me! :)

Most of us seem to be in the general Boston/Eastern Mass area.  But we do have
1 person from CT and one from Worcester so a Western Mass meeting at some point
is a possibility.

====================

I got alot of feedback from many of you and some of it I would like to address
now and some I think is a little to ambitious at this point (I want to walk
before we run).

Many of you don't like the URL and believe me I don't either but I hope that
that will change at some point.  I did some checking and both www.nelug.org and
www.nelug.net are still available.  I have two options however and both would
make it transparent that NELUG was on GeoCities which I know some have concerns
with.

1.  I don't want to commit to www.nelug.org / .net until we meet a couple of
times and I feel confidant that we have a basis for on-going support of this
group.  Cost is not a problem however and I will be happy to pick up the tab.
This does raise one problem however.  Currently both NELUG and my personal site
are under the same GeoCities account so I would have to have to change my site
to www.nelug.org/kingsley/ or something like that.  I don't have a problem with
that but if any of you do let me know.

2.  Instead of waiting I could sign up for a more generic URL and give NELUG a
page under that site.  For example www.graybrick.com is still available and I
could give NELUG a page under that like www.graybrick.com/NELUG/ and then I
would have my site under it as well as www.graybrick.com/kingsley/.  The
benifit to this is that I would be willing to do it right away if that is what
people want.

Another suggestion was a trip to Enfield.  I like this idea alot but I would
like to meet as a group a couple of times before setting something up.

Others wanted to pool our resources so we could by wholesale directly from
Lego.  Nice idea but I think that is to far into our future to worry about.

Another idea some had was to collect dues.  Now I admit that this may become
necessary in the future but right now I just want to meet people that share the
share the same hobby as I do and schedule events around that.  For now I want
this to be relatively informal and free.

be used for sending Addresses and directions to events (especially those at
peoples houses).

If any of you see mistakes with the site let me know (I do make mistakes often)
and I will get them fixed as quick as I can.  (Sorry again for that typo Todd)

I saw that many of you are going to be at the "Golden Ticket Event" on Sunday
so I will see you there.

Eric

Remember to remove ".jawaspam" from any E-mail responses.

NELUG
http://www.geocities.com/~kingsleyem/NELUG.html

My Site
http://www.geocities.com/~kingsleyem/

In lugnet.loc.us.ct, Eric Kingsley writes:
This message was origionally posted in lugnet.announcement

This message will be cross-posted to loc.us.ma, loc.us.me, loc.us.nh,
loc.us.vt, loc.us.ri and loc.us.ct

This is to announce the launch of the NELUG website.  Currently this is a
simple 1 page site designed by myself and input from Chris Phillips that we
hope will grow over the months and years as hopefully NELUG takes off.

Currently we don't have a nice simple URL but once interest is great enough
hopefully we will get a simple URL.

If you have any interest at all please fill out the form on the page and let • us
know what your interest in this organization is.  Also please reply to this
post to let us know what you think of the site.

Visit NELUG...
http://www.geocities.com/~kingsleyem/NELUG.html

Eric Kingsley

Remove ".jawaspam" when relpying by E-mail.

NELUG:
http://www.geocities.com/~kingsleyem/NELUG.html

My Lego Site:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598