 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh / 20
Re: Hello?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:45:00 GMT

toki barron wrote:
Right now, I am looking to increase my parts inventory by buying cheap sets.  It
looks like I missed the clearance at Target (I also live in Mt. Lebo, so the only
close Target is in Robinson Twp., and it was pretty much cleaned out when I went
there).  What I am after is mainly space (including SW) and perhaps some
adventurer sets at prices less than the usual $0.10-0.12 per piece.

I know Wal-Mart has started to invade out there (at least they had when I was
in
the area) so you might check there. I was able to get a Sphinx's Secret
Surprise
at Target for $11, but I also found it at Wal-Mart for $13.Mummy's Tomb has
been
marked down a bit ($22 I think), and the Adventurer's zeppelin is down to $14
in
my area. (If this gets really cheap I'm going to scarf up a lot of them - I love
those ship's bow pieces!)  Also Oasis Ambush for $5.

Anyway, the thing about Walmart clearances is...they're not always marked.
Find out what's being clearanced at other stores, then walk into your local
Wally World, snag up the mentioned sets, and head directly to the price
scanner.  That's how I discovered the SSS and the Mummy's Tomb prices.

Second trick is, at least around here, they don't always put all of the
clearance LEGO in the same place.  Some is mixed in with the regular LEGO.
Some is in the 'toy clearance' area.  And some is off in a nearby 'general/
Xmas' clearance area along with cheesy decorations and giant plastic bins.
So just because it's not on the regular shelves doesn't mean it's not there...

Hope all of this helps.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m