 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh / 18
Re: Hello?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 01:17:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit, Toki Barron writes:
Anyone reading this group?  Anyone know of good places in the PGH area
to buy Lego?

Toki

Well, I gotta tell ya...I live in Mt. Lebanon and work in the city, so I end
up hitting quite a few of the different stores in Pittsburgh.  I don't think
any one place impresses me.  I'm not a fan of the new stuff---not any of it
really---so I'm not an expert on where to find the latest releases or best
selection.  I'm mostly after older cool sets, so I hunt for places that still
have old stock.  It seems that lately all the places I used to get lucky at
have absolutely nothing anymore.  Sigh.  So as far as advice, I always
reccomend the independent stores in the Pittsburgh area, like Family Toy
Warehouse, SW Randall, and near me a store named Gram and Gramps.  That's
where I recently bought a Dark Forest Fortress.  I've seen some good buys at
the KBToys around here too...at Century III mall and in Monroeville. There
should still be a decent supply of that Night Lord's Castle, 6097, as an
example. So there you go.  Good luck Toki!  Let me know what yer after and
I'll keep my eyes open.
Joseph