 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Philadelphia / Scranton/Wilkes-Barre / 13
12  |  14
Subject:
2000 Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.swb
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:46:27 GMT

Hiya Everyone,

     As everyone is posting their findings of the new 2000 Lego sets, I
figured I might as well for the Scranton, Pa area.  On Monday, the 20th.  I
went to the Local Toys 'R' Us in Dickson City to find the a good number of the
2000 Lego.  There was a good assortment from all themes: Star Wars, Artic,
Castle and Town.  Due to christmas spending I was only able to get the Flash
speeder and the small tracked vehicle from the Artic theme (I forget the
official name)  Last night, I had to run out so I figured that I would stop by
the the Local Walmart to see what they had.  Well, at one point they had the
new 2000 Lego, but upon my arrival I was greeted by the destruction of the Toy
area.  The entire area looked as if a giant stampede of Rhinos had come
through.  Toys were every where and in no recogniziable order.  I found a few
of the smaller Castle sets and one Flash speeder.  After leaving there, I
returned to TRU to see what had happened there.  TRU was in better shape the
Walmart.  Most of the Lego from the night before was gone however.  I was able
to find a buried B-wing behind some boxes of the Gungan sub.  So if you are
looking in the Scranton area, better wait until after the New Year!

- Jim F.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Lugnetters and have a Happy New Year!