 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Philadelphia / Harrisburg / 130
Re: We need a Lug in Central Pennsylvania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:57:08 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, Jim Foulds wrote:
So I am calling on all who are interested to participate.  What I propose is to
become a loose based lug that can help identify/unify Lego fans in our area.

Some ideas for names that have been presented in the past are:

PALUG   (Pennsylvania)
PLUG (Pennsylvania again)
PENNLUG
PennsyLUG
PennyLUG
CAPALUG (capital PA)
HarriLug (Harrisburg)
CEPALUG (Central PA)
CPALUG
CenPALUG
PennCentralLug
YOHALUG (York Harrisburg)
HarryLug (Harrisburg/York)
YOHALALUG (York Harrisburg Lancaster)
LALALUG (Lancaster Area Lego Artisans)
SVLUG, or SusqLUG (Susquehanna Valley)

I would really like some input so we can get this ball rolling.

Thanks,
  Jim F.

PS. John is coming to Gettysburg this month, so we should set up a meeting soon
to introduce everyone

After reading Jim's, John's, and Cale's postings...

Just to add my two cents...

I like the YOHALALUG thing.  I figure I better respond to this posting to keep
the possibility of LA attatched to YOHA since I'm from Lancaster.

Of course with YOHALALUG we'd be limiting the geographical area and excluding
Gettysburg, Lebanon, possibly Reading, you get the idea.

KeystoneLUG or KeyLUG is appropriate.  Here though we're going the other way and
covering an area larger than what may be wanted.

PennCentralLUG sounds good.  It leaves out the two major metros of the state.

You could shorten it to PennCentLUG.  Then that could lead to PennyLUG derived
from Penn & Cent.  Perhaps I'm just only adding just one cent:)

Since we're at a crossroads as to what name we come up with, as well as a
geographical limitation (of course anybody would be accepted) what does the "y"
equal in PennyLUG?  Y=?

Just some thoughts and maybe a weird way at looking at something.

Patrick