 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 388
Re: Meeting plans, etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:38:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Joel Jacobsen writes:

While shopping yesterday -- Kohl's on West Broad and Philipi has the Final
Duel sets in - I'm too lazy to look them up right now, but the two that go
together(Luke's capture or whatever, and the Throne Room scenes), also the
Ewok attack set. New Harry Potter was limited to the small set with Harry
and Malfoy on their brooms.

Thanks for the heads up; I got them sometime last week.  I'm not too impressed
with any of them, but there's some nice brown bits in the Ewok Attack...

TRU on West Broad also is selling UCS Tie Interceptors for $70 - they had a
bin of them.. around 15ish or more. Nothing else was on sale.

Also saw both UCS sets in the KBToys in Tuttle Mall, both marked down, but not
at 50%, more like 25% off... if anyone is interested.  They also had some of
the other older SW sets on sale as well (the droid fighter, naboo swamp, the
land speeder).

When do we Columbus folk want to work on a gathering? It's safe to bet it'll
be January -- but what weekend are we looking at so I can check with the
library for availability?

How about the 2nd or 3rd Sunday in Jan.?  And if nothing else is going on, go
ahead and book the room for March, May, July, Sept., Nov. of next year (again,
2nd or 3rd Sunday of each month) -- that way we've got a set meeting schedule.
I'd be willing to help out & take responsibility for the room if you couldn't
make it.

I think for my schedule, probably one of the last 2 Sundays would work the
best but that's just a tentative guess.

Input?

--Mike.