 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 303
302  |  304
Subject:
TRU closeout sale.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:31:59 GMT

Since I don't get the paper, I don't know if TRU as a whole is having a
closeout sale right now or not, but as my wife and I were heading home last
night from running about, I noticed that the W. Broad TRU had a large
clearance tent out front. My wife graciously humored me and we went to look
around.

If anyone is looking for LEGO Znap stuff -- they have two shopping carts
full of smaller sets priced from .97 to 1.97 it looked like. There were a
few larger Znap sets scattered about as well.

The finds that I took home with me were all battered and looked to be opened
at one point but amazingly they are all intact aside from the boxes. What I
got were:

6580 (2) $5.90ea
2152 $5.90
8257 $9.90
8456 $33.90

All of these were marked down by 50%-%60 . I was particularly pleased with
all but the 8257 -- seeing as it's just mostly Technic plate beams but the
tank treads, technic pegs of various types, and the two extra large shocks
were well worth it to me.  I was very pleased to find the 8456 since I
didn't pick one up while it was in production. Now I have 2 Fiber Optic
generators. Woo!

Ironically -- we went inside and they a LOM 7317 base - apparently opened
and with possible missing parts. It was only marked down by %10 or like $8
off... and a very trashed and probably opened UCS X-wing that was still full
price.. I'm somewhat surprised they weren't out on clearance, but I suppose
it has to do with the fact these are still produced/recently produced sets....

And to top it off, we got $10 off the purchase (which I suppose means that
they have a full bore sale of some sort, now that I think of it.) so my wife
decided she wanted a 6429. With the 'discount' it was only $3 which is about
all I'd pay for it but she was happy. :)

All in all it was a pretty good night... :)

Joel J

PS: Anyone interested in trying to plan a gathering here in the near future?