 Local / United States / Ohio / 94
93  |  95
Subject:
Doh! Frogot to add you OH guys (Chicago Legofest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 14:13:11 GMT

As I posted my notice for the hopefully upcoming Chicago Legofest, I forgot to
include the OH local group.  I see you guys are planning one of your own,
possibly conflicting with the dates for this one.  Just thought I'd let you
guys know.  It would be nice to have a large turnout here as well.  If you'd
like, please come, and if possible meet at the earlier dates :)  Here's the
message I posted to the other GMLUG local groups:

Well, I haven't received any responses to my post a few days ago, but I
thought I'd let people know about newer developments in this possible event.

I secured use of the atrium at Wheaton Academy for free on December 3rd
from 5pm-9pm.  We can have a coffee pot as well if we ask for one.  Here's
a picture of the outside of the atrium:

http://www.wheatonacademy.org/images/atrium1.jpg

Its got plenty of room for a good 30 people with their Lego as well as room
for minglers.  It would be nice if a handful of people coming to the
Mindstorms competition on Saturday also decided to come to a Legofest event
on Friday.  If there's a small turnout, we could just have it at my
place.  But if we get a bigger group of people we can use the
atrium.  PLEASE tell me what you think of this!  I really want to have a
Chicago Legofest and this would be a nice time for one.  I'm flexible as to
what people want to do or times for the most part.  We can also set up a
way of meeting at MSI on Saturday.

Reply only to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi please (stupid mailer without a reply to
field).

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Mac and cheese is one thing when you get it in a boot, but its another
thing when you have to eat it.  (Don't ask...)

(there is a Mindstorms competition going on on the 4th at Museum of Science
and Industry in Chicago)