 Local / United States / Ohio / 243
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:33:23 GMT

I agree with Mike here ... when we last played (lo, these two weeks ago ...), about
1/3 of my fielded forces were WWII-era pieces.  I had a Jeep MB with towed howitzer
and a German SdKfz 222 armored car running about with the 'mechs and flying suits.
I try to keep the WWII stuff as authentic as possible - plain soldier carrying
pistols or shotguns, and mouted machine guns treated as low-level ballistix - they
look like they just stepped out of the North African campaign.  Anyways, the point
being, they were just as strategically relevant as anything else, plus they looked
great.  Granted, I tried to steer them away from confrontations with huge lumbering
harbringers of mechanized death, but that added to the fun, trying to keep them
alive without sacrificing their historical perspective.  So I am all for throwing
knights in there ... they'll rock at close combat, and open up whole new dimensions
to the strategizing - how to herd the enemy into their proximity, without leaving
them overly exposed to pot-shots and such.  You have to plan an entire defensive
offense, where the knights are protected while trying to get them close to enemy
foot soldiers.  And, except for the occasional fly-by, my guess is that any
harriers would concentrate more on the "larger threats".

In any case, hope you guys have fun!

shaun

Mike Rayhawk wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Drew Lawrence writes:

I don't know if I want to tell everybody what I'm bringing as a fighting
force. For instance, if I said I was bringing in a ton of Knights & such,
somebody would probably pay for a bunch of Harriers to kill my Knights from
the safety of the air.

I doubt that anyone would do that, if all you had were a bunch of knights and
somebody decided to butcher you with a bunch of Harriers, then you would just
pack up and go home because there wouldn't even be any point in fighting the
battle.  There would be no game, and the person who built all the harriers
would be ashamed of themselves for being such a poor sport.  I mean, seriously.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm