 Local / United States / Ohio / 206
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 00:18:45 GMT

In article <8F12A51C1melonegoclcorg@132.174.211.95>, meloneg@oclc.org
(Gino A. Melone) wrote:
  I have a penciled-in reservation for the Hillard Library.  I am going
to stop there tonight and check out the room.  The only major downside
appears to be exactly what David mentions.  The library is open 10(9?)-
6.  On the upside, it looks like we can get a decent sized room with a
kitchenette attached.  We may not be able to get that room until 1:00pm
though.  However, it looks like we can get the smaller room for the
first couple of hours.  I figure that we won't be ready to start until
at least 1:00.  We can figure out the details and start putting
together scenary in the small room and just transfer when the other
opens up.  Thoughts?  The 6:00pm cutoff may not really be a problem.  I
don't think some of the people travelling down can stay much later than
that anyway.
  I stopped at the Library this evening.  The smaller room looks adequate
for our current group.  The room is about 10x15.  There is a table which
is about 3x8.  It looks like it will work fine.  It may be a hair cramped,
but I think it will be better than trying to move rooms.  We have that
room from 10:30am - 6:00pm.  We also have the kitchenette from
1:00-6:00pm.  The table in this room actually looks better than the ones
in the large room.  Which, BTW, could easily hold 20 people.

  The room is accessible from the Library foyer.  That will be nice.  We
don't have to lug anything through the Library.  The room is held in my
name, with a group name of COLUG. (Central Ohio, if you're wondering)  We
are allowed to bring in food.  However, I don't suspect this is an issue,
no alcohol.  There is no charge to use the room.  Restrooms are around the
corner.

  This is the Hilliard public library.  It is on Hillard-Cemetary Rd,
about 1 mile outside of I-270.  There is a plaza adjacent with a Kroger,
pizza place, sub shop, dry cleaners,...

  Some details:
    http://www.cml.lib.oh.us/html/hilliard.html

  I can't come up with a pastable URL to a map.  Ya'll will just have to
type the name into mapquest, mapsonus, or somesuch yourself.

   Later,
    Gino A...