 Local / United States / Ohio / 196
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:47:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
drew@netpluscom.com (LegoMasterLuke) wrote in <Fst4B6.4MD@lugnet.com>:
4) Both of the afore-mentioned stores are full up on Saturday with
other gamers.
We should keep these in mind for the future.

5) Suggestions?
Didn't NELUG use a museum.  Anyone know if any of the museums or libraries
in town have any appropriate spaces?

Jumping in--
We (NELUG) DID hold the event in a museum, but that did pose one major issue,
which was timing. The museum was open from 10AM to 5PM, so we had to fit within
the time allotted. And thanks to a lack of general preparedness (I have to
plead guilty for a chunk of that :( ) we didn't start playing until.. about
2:30PM? Given that you guys haven't played the game before, (and you might also
have more people than us) you'll definitely want to make sure you've got the
time...

Also, it was suggested by Eric Joslin that we might meet for future events at a
college campus building-- they're generally pretty empty on weekends, and you
might be able to schedule a good deal of time... The only downside being a
potential fee... I know Eric mentioned a fee for room reservation that Brandeis
has, but you may be able to find a place for free (greater chance if one of you
happen to be alumni!)

HTH,
DaveE