 Local / United States / Ohio / 171
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:21:32 GMT

I wonder how I should rate dragons?  Hmm...

A Dragon is a one-piece Flyer (5 CP) who also acts as his own Pilot (6 CP), so
he has the following stats:

Name: Dragon
Skill: 1d6+2
Move: 22"
Power: 2
Armor: 1d6+2
Cost: 11 CP

One of these days I'm going to have to write better support for animals, maybe
even an Animal Ker-Pow! Table.  This dragon may not seem powerful enough, so
you might want to base him on a Small Flyer instead.  If you want to give him
fiery breath, treat it as a FlameThrower (5 CP), although remember that
keeping track of fire is going to be a big pain in everybody's butt,
especially if this is your first game.

With 2 Power, the Dragon will do 2d6 damage in all close combat attacks,
whether biting, clawing, tail-slapping, etc.

Build whatever you feel like.  We'll figure out how to balance the combat
when we get there.

A point limit of 300 may be a little excessive - I don't normally recommend
people play with armies of fewer than 300 points, but judging from how the
nelug event went, you might want to limit it to 200 to 150 for your first
game.  Things are going to be pretty slow while you figure everything out, so
you might want to keep all your armies pretty small and simple to keep the
game moving quickly.  You can build bases and buildings as large as you want
however.

Everyone should pre-calculate the point costs of everything they bring.
That will make it a LOT easier to figure out if we are balanced enough to
be fun.  It will also force me to read those sections of the rules more
carefully.

If anybody has any questions about calculating point costs or about any of the
rules in general please don't hesitate to email me at mjr22@cornell.edu.

- Mike Rayhawk

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm