 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 166
165  |  167
Subject:
The Results of...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 07:11:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

John,
    As per our discussion, I did the (TEST) on the various colors and what
brasso does, I was actually shocked when I used it on the transparent pieces
Especially the clear ones.

Results

All Pieces tested were highly microscratched... partially discolored.

Transparent: (WOW) with some rubbing it looks NEW except for the deeper
                   scratches.

Yellow: (OK) still some color issues
Red: (Impressive) Clears up almost everything
Blue: (Impressive) ""
White: (WOW!) I had a nasty piece of white that was dirty and scratched
              almost like New!! no discoloration on piece!
Grey: (OK) Shines now color same no scratches....
Black: (OK) Micro scratches gone but doesn't have same shine as others

Overall, its works to restore most of the microscratched pieces however most of
my stuff is just extremely old so nothing is going to fix them except new
pieces. I'm slowly working on the trains now to clean them up I also did
another hopper this one is yellow. Not to bad only thing is I have to get more
of those dam pegs. I will have to get those Picts posted...

TTYL,
Wayne