 Local / United States / New York / 116
Re: LUCNY's goals?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny, Dave Amos writes:
What is the purpose of this club?  First off, I think it is to have us meet
each other and learn from each other.  You know, have some lego fun.

A place to exchange ideas and creativity.

I was also thinking we could create some Lego displays, much like other
clubs.  I dont know if anyone has any trains, but a display with trains
might be the best.  I only have a limited amount of track, but I could help
in this aspect.  If we had shows around our area it would help people see
how cool lego is!

Trains!! Ahhhhhh thats my main bread and butter.. I also know Alan is also a
Train Head!  Thats at least two of us..  Considering two people I think we have
a good amount... off the top of my head. 2 metroliners, one 7740, a few 4563
a 4564, 4551, 4555, 4561(parts) a good amount of personal MOCs for me and Alan
has a big chunk of others and some of the ones I have.
everything just some of the stuff that I had picts of.

Also, do we want to start a club stash of legos?  Either we pool some money
and buy some or donate some of our own?  I dont mean an excessive amount,
just enough so if we bring MOCs together, our own stash can tie them
together in our displays.  How much would be enough?  Perhaps we would want
some blue buckets, and maybe a few brickbay.com purchases.  Also, LS@H or
stores.  This might be something we want to talk about at our first
meetings....

Group Lego for now might be a questionable thing. I think we all have a good
amount and what we bring is our own.. I'd just assume we keep money out of the
picture if we can, this will prevent any of the , hey I paid and you didn't
crap that I have dealt with in other groups... I'm sure we are much more mature
that then I say hold off on that Idea for now. Just my opinion though.

That brings me to meetings.  When? Where? How?  Im thinking Syracuse is
about the center of our domain.  Does anyone know a place in Syracuse where
we could rent a room?  I have heard other clubs meeting in Librarys or
stores.  I have never been there, so I am useless here.  As for when, I
think monthly would be best - if its doable.

If we say Syracuse I could look for something around here.
We also might be able just to use my work office conf room in Syracuse. If we
just have about 6-7 people this would be ok for here.

Wayne

LMKWYT

-Dave
http://www.bricktannia.com