 Local / United States / New York / 115
114  |  116
Subject:
LUCNY's goals?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:12:26 GMT

What is the purpose of this club?  First off, I think it is to have us meet
each other and learn from each other.  You know, have some lego fun.

I was also thinking we could create some Lego displays, much like other
clubs.  I dont know if anyone has any trains, but a display with trains
might be the best.  I only have a limited amount of track, but I could help
in this aspect.  If we had shows around our area it would help people see
how cool lego is!

Also, do we want to start a club stash of legos?  Either we pool some money
and buy some or donate some of our own?  I dont mean an excessive amount,
just enough so if we bring MOCs together, our own stash can tie them
together in our displays.  How much would be enough?  Perhaps we would want
some blue buckets, and maybe a few brickbay.com purchases.  Also, LS@H or
stores.  This might be something we want to talk about at our first meetings....

That brings me to meetings.  When? Where? How?  Im thinking Syracuse is
about the center of our domain.  Does anyone know a place in Syracuse where
we could rent a room?  I have heard other clubs meeting in Librarys or
stores.  I have never been there, so I am useless here.  As for when, I
think monthly would be best - if its doable.

LMKWYT

-Dave
http://www.bricktannia.com
http://www.lucny.org