Re: I'll be visiting this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:17:10 GMT

Franklin W. Cain wrote in message ...
In lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, Frank Filz writes:

Cool! I'd love to get together for dinner
and meeting afterward.
If I did a hurricane clean up, I could host here
(if you want to drool over pirate stuff),
but probably would be better to meet somewhere
near or at the hotel.
There's plenty of places to eat up that way,
though if you have specific food interests,
there may be better places to go
depending on how willing/able you are to travel.

Cool.  I'll be flying up, so I'll be dependent on
someone else providing a passenger seat.
(I get heat sick *VERY* easily,
and after winding up in the emergency room
for heat sickness/heat stroke a half dozen times
during my twelve month exile in South Korea
courtesy of Uncle Sam Air Farce,
I'm *not* tempting Fate by walking
any distance outside during the summer. ;-)
(Franklin *LOVES* central A/C!)

You wouldn't want to try to walk anywhere from there anywise. I can certainly give a lift (though unfortuanately the AC in my car is
currently rolling down the windows - so it may be best to not travel too far unless someone else can give you a lift, or the weather
pattern of the past several days holds [thunder storms in the evening which do bring the temperature down some]). That area is one
of the centers of LEGO shopping in the Triangle, though nothing spectacular (Target, Wal-Mart, Zany Brainy, KB Toys in the mall,
TRU) if you were desperate for a shopping hit. There's also a gaming store nearby (but it isn't likely to cary anything you haven't
seen).

What is the con?

It's called "Courts of Chaos Con".
It's a regional convention devoted to gaming
in the setting of Roger Zelazny's "Chronicles of Amber"
(which, incidentally, is something I've been using
as inspiration for some of my not-yet-reveled plots
for my contributions to the LUGNet CastleWorld project. ;-)

Ahh, sounds cool. Does it move around or is there a significant population of Amber gamers in Raleigh (I'm moderately connected to
the fan world here and haven't heard about this one). Unfortunately, I'll be haring off to West Virginia this weekend for a caving
convention so I wouldn't be able to attend (and haven't read much of Zelazny's works in any case so I'd probably be lost).

Frank