Re: Tornado Warning!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:46:10 GMT

Cary Clark wrote:

There's something amusing in a black-humor sort of way that I find out
about impeding doom by reading Lugnet....

We just had a warning here at work, but they just gave a all clear a few
minutes ago.

Thanks Sheree. My Lego Direct windows arrived en masse today. They're
great, the only slight downer (other than the glass not being in the
color advertised) is that $200 worth of windows fits in a really tiny
box. I was hoping for a tub's worth, at least.

So what were the colors for sure (somehow I thought someone had said the
thinwalls were trans blue, but now it appears they are clear)?

And to confuse threads mercilessly, it doesn't matter to me whether NC
discussions are on loc.us.nc or one of the cities; it does seem slight
ridiculous to have nc.dur and nc.ral though (maybe should be nc.tri or nc.ctrl?)

Many moons ago we stumped for lugnet.loc.us.nc.rtp, but Todd was
resistant. I also get confused and have sometimes posted to .cha trying
to real Chapel Hill folks (I mean if Durham and Raleigh have groups why
not Chapel Hill at least [and Cary now that it's bigger than Chapel
Hill, of course Cary might be confused if we had
lugnet.loc.us.nc.car...]).

With the present activity though, it seems that using .nc is best
(otherwise we would mostly be using .ral and Cary and Sheree would feel
left out).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com