Re: Get together this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 05:05:16 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Fs9nHG.FGp@lugnet.com...

Cary Clark wrote in message <38E3E5DF.470360E1@corp.nospamwebtv.net>...
Hey, I'd like to meet you guys. What do you do when you get together? • Show
off
creations? Swap parts? Plan to take over the world?

Mostly show off what we've built. Sometimes swap parts. Definitely plan to
take over the world....

Very Pinky and the Brain...

Hopefully as we get further along on being able to demonstrate trains, we
can have some operating session get togethers or something like that.

I'd also like to have some building get togethers, either with a purpose, • a
theme, a challenge (like "everyone show up with these sets (which just
happen to be on sale)" and then everyone tries to create something), or • just
bring your latest in progress project, and get some more done on it.

Frank

Sounds like you guys will have lots of fun... I wish I could at least be a
fly on the wall... Maybe another time.  While I don't expect pictures from
your upcoming get together,  it would be nice to hear a brief summary
afterwards.  Just who shows up and some general sort of activity report -who
is building what and of course how absolutely wonderful the creations are.

Since I have only a very limited number of bricks and sets, the challenge
idea is very appealing to me.  I have done this on a limited basis just for
fun, challenging only myself.   One example- after building  SW7131 per
instructions, I took it  apart and adding only a baseplate and an
empty pog container for elevation came up with a fairly nice dragonfly
scene.

Lately, things for me, end up looking better when I just let my mind wander
and my hands work.   Guess it would be best to count me out on plans of
taking over the world, I'm dealing with more of it than I can handle well
right now ... (I'd have to be Pinky...)

sheree
Greensboro