 Local / United States / Missouri / Kansas City / 50
Re: LEGO on the news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:16:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, Levering A. Reynolds writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, Andreas Stabno writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, Andreas Stabno writes:
Fox 4 WDAF will be doing a short segment on my town layout and Scott • Paschen's
Model Team and Technic collection.  The reporters are interviewing us
tomorrow, so I suppose we could be on the news as early as Thursday night.

I'll try to post a definite time later if you want to tune in.

Build well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm

Scott Paschen, my wife, and I had a blast filming lots of footage for this
news segment yesterday.  Of course it will probably all be cut down to a
couple of minutes, but there should be some great shots for anyone • interested.

I was told that the story will air today (Friday the 10th) at 10pm on Fox-4.

Build well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm

How did it go. Its to bad we do not get KC stations here in StL.

Andrew Reynolds

They did a really nice job in putting together the story.  The final version
was around 2 minutes in length.  It included some overview shots as well as
close-ups of my layout; a sneak peek at Scott's great Technic and Model Team
sets; interview snippets by Scott, my wife, and myself; a view of the LEGO
Christmas ornaments; and my new FOX-4 LEGO sign.

I only wish that I could have kept the original tape because there was lots of
great footage that had to be cut out.  One nice shot that did make it into the
story showed the freight train curving around the edge of the city while one
two monorails pass eachother on parallel up/down ramps.