 Local / United States / Missouri / Kansas City / 33
  Nice article in the Kansas City Star

Today's newspaper has a nice article on my town layout and a few of Kansas City's LEGO fans. I'll try to put the picture (which is not included in the e- paper) on my webpage soon. The link below works at least today. (URL) well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general)

  Re: Nice article in the Kansas City Star

Nice article. Aside from the minor "legos" nit, which we will never win, I suppose, I found this article to be free of "isn't that cute" or "that is weird" overtones that you find sometimes. Can we ask the details of how it came to be written? My (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general)

  Re: Nice article in the Kansas City Star

Cool! Wish I got the paper on the weekdays. But since I moved from OP over to Lawrence I"ve not gotten it with any frequency and decided to can the KC star and get the Lawrence paper. Very neat, can't wait to see the picture. Tom Boucher Lawrence, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Nice article in the Kansas City Star

(...) This summer we had some friends over for a party, one of whom happens to do freelance work for the newspaper. While the kids were running the trains and playing with vehicles at the edge of the tables, we started talking about putting together (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general)

Andreas Stabno <stabno@megsinet.net> wrote in message news:FLpK27.C9q@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) anyone (...) etc? (...) There were representatives of several museums, esp. childrens museums, at Mindfest. -John Van (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general)

  Re: Nice article in the Kansas City Star

(...) some images of your town setup. If you ever put them on a web page, you should make sure to post a link on LUGNET. I was also intrigued to see that you're an actuarian. I'm a statistician myself, and am currently debating to join an insurance (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general)

  Re: Nice article in the Kansas City Star

(...) below). The picture in the paper is very similar to the one on my page where I "pop up" out of the layout. Sometimes I'm curious about what type of occupation is found in the adult LEGO community. I suppose we have lots of engineers and plenty (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.general)