 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / 70
Re: SW shut out of SW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:19:52 GMT

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:17:10 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote:

As promised, my report:  As I was running errands this morning, I personally
checked out three Targets and TRU Bloomington.  Targets Richfield, Edina,
and St. Louis had *no* SW sets, as did not TRU.  After "strike four", I was
feeling like I really wanted to buy a SW set, so I went to LIC.  Thankfully,
they had a coupla dozen Landspeeders (bought 2), but nothing else.  "Maybe a
shipment will come in next week" says the guy.  And maybe bats will fly out
of my butt, but I'm not holding my breath.  So, the SW metro area (Mpls, MN)
is still SW-less, although my little seek and purchase mission hardly hit
*all* retail possibilities. Good luck in your quests.
-John

I feel your pain.  I took my nephew on a tour of retail establishments
searching for SW sets.  Eventually, we did find a few snowspeeders and
speederbikes in one store.  Pretty frustrating.  :-/

-- Terry K --
BTW, If that LIC _does_ get some more sets in, I expect to see a post from you
titled "Bats flying out of my butt!"   : - )