 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 41
40  |  42
Subject:
OM MI Region X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:24:25 GMT

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:26:07 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

They were the talk of the OM (1) competition on Saturday too.

1 - Odessey of the Mind. One reason we moved to Ada is that Forest Hills
schools rock this competition on a consistent basis, with several
national champ teams in the last 10 years. Taya's team didn't win,
though. Maybe next year.

Hey!  I didn't see you there.  Then again, I didn't see many people.

What LT problem was Taya's team doing?  How did they like the
Spontaneous problem?  I take reaction comments about Spontaneous
problems pretty seriously (for next year) -- I've always got to balance
between choosing problems which are reasonable for all teams, and
problems which are too easy for some teams.

If she's told you what her spontaneous problem actually was, I don't
want to hear about it.  Just tell me her Long-Term problem; I remember
which LT problems had which Spontaneous.

My kids' teams didn't do so well this year.  :(  Oh well, there's always
next year.

Steve
Region X Spontaneous Problem Captain (AKA, the guy in the red shirt who
didn't present anything during the awards ceremony)