 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
Bigs Lots Disappointing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 12:41:30 GMT

This one really is a GR posting:

Does anyone hit the Alpine Big Lots on a regular basis?  I was there
last night for the first time. I wasn't terribly impressed.  I guess I
shouldn't make any judgement based on a single visit--I imagine this
place is pretty hit-and-miss.

Anyway, there were some small DUPLO and Freestyle boxes, the Time
Twisters' Time Tunnelator, Fright Knight's Traitor Transport, and WW
Desert Canyon (the box with two small box sets, consisting mostly of
minifigs and guns).  All at about 70% of regular retail pricing.

There were also Megabloks sets--the large Planetzoids ($20) (or
whatever that theme was called) and the Viking ship ($10).

Steve