 Local / United States / Michigan / 557
556  |  558
Subject:
A GeeBee for the Zoo...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:10:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Oh, forget the delay, I can’t hold out on this!

I’ve been commissioned by the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, a new air & space museum in Kalamazoo, MI, to build a sculpture for their grand opening. I got to choose the subject, so what better than a GeeBee:

I’ll be building it all day on April 29th, which I guess is a press day; I’m heading down there tomorrow for final details, so I’ll be able to find out if it’s open to the public that day or not. Some of the details are still sketchy, but I’ve been told it’ll be on display for a month or two - If you’re in the area, come on down and see it (and the gorgeous SR-71 on display there)!

As I said here I’m looking for advice on pricing, so if you’ve got some sugestions, post ‘em.

I’ll be updating with pics as the GeeBee comes together, and hopefully I’ll remember my camera on the 29th :)

-jeremiah-