 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 779
778  |  780
Subject:
K-mart Sucks...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:13:03 GMT

To quote a famous movie phrase, "K-mart Sucks".  At least the few I checked
recently in hopes of finding some good BOGO stuff.  I found the pickings slim
at best and nothing really worth my time.

That leads into my real reason for my post.

Why does it seem that all those great clearance deals we hear about across the
country never really seem to happen here?  Are there so many AFOL's here that
we clear out the stores before a major clearance can happen?  Don't tell me
its all Todd and Suz stocking up for Auczilla either because I know they
couldn't cause that much damage.

It's not like there are no LEGO dealers here.  We have TCS which, while having
a wonderful selection, rarely has significant sales (Although I love the double
coupons!).  We also have a ton of TRU's, Wal*marts, Targets, K-Marts, and a few
KB's, ZanyBrainys, and assorted other stores.  Even with all the stores I
hardly ever find something very old on the shelf, much less any deals.

So does anyone have any theories?  Is it a dense population of AFOL's, decent
economy so parents by more for their kids, better store management so
overstocks don't happen that often?  I really don't buy into any of those
theories and I don't have anything better to explain our situation here.

Eric Kingsley