 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 758
757  |  759
Subject:
New England Trip Report - Part 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 02:49:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, I thought I'd give a trip report for my Christmas holiday so far.

Things got off on a rough start. When I arrived at the Raleigh/Durham
(NC) Airport Friday December 22, my flight to Boston was listed as "delayed".
By the time I got to the ticket counter (waiting for them to deal with several
folks whose flight to Atlanta was canceled), they had an idea of the departure
time. The plane was coming from JFK and was delayed there. After that, the
flight went fine, with absolutely the funniest flight attendant I have ever
had. After picking up my luggage and meeting my dad, we then settled in to wait
for my older sister's flight from Milwaukee which came in at 1:00 AM (2 hrs
late).

I had already essentially finished my Christmas shopping (all I needed were
some restaurant gift certificates which I had to get here in Massachusetts), so
the weekend was pretty laid back as compared to usual (I think I've had to do
at least half my shopping once I got home every other year).

After Christmas my dad and I shopped our way up to Killington Vermont to go
skiing. I found no LEGO worth buying (a few 30% off sets at Target, a 20% sale
on all toys at Ames, and lots of empty or near empty shelves).

The skiing was almost perfect with plenty of snow, and only slightly cool and
windy weather (I've skied in much worse there).

On Friday, I went into Boston to do my usual round of gaming (RPG and board)
shopping, and didn't hit any LEGO. After my dad picked me up at the train
station, he said that flights were being canceled like mad. When we got home I
called up and found my flight for Sunday the 31st was canceled, so I called up
and rescheduled for the 1st.

Saturday morning, in anticipation of the oncoming storm, we went down to the
Construction Site (figuring there was a good chance a planned evening meeting
there wouldn't happen). I picked up a Dacta 9453, a couple 1096s, and a 6094
(to provide some castle parts for the Weeks Jambalaya box to complete my
trade). They gave me several small boat polybags (they look like they're from
one of the Advent calendar sets).

This evening, I settled down to build something, and ended up with a space
ship, see my posting in lugnet.space for details:

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=5664

We're going to try and get together on Sunday assuming the roads are cleared.

Frank