 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 57
Re: local target update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 02:54:47 GMT

Nicole Dente wrote in message <36291C36.151B@heron.mv.com>...
straight from today's Nashua Telegraph business section:
"discount chain targets mall site" [don't blame me, i didn't write the
headline]

the deal is target wants to tear down lechmere at the pheasant lane mall
in nashua and build a 138,000 sq ft store identical to all its others.
they want to begin construction this winter.  the planning board,
however, is whining.  the main deal is that it would disrupt christmas
shopping traffic.  so who knows when they'll build.  the target
spokesman, however, insists that the store will be opne "this time next
year."

I took a trip up to Pheasant Lane Mall today, since a) I was bored, and b) I
hadn't been up there in quite a while.  According to the nice wall up in the
mall, they say their target date (bad pun, sorry) is October 1999.

most interesting for y'all non-nashuites, perhaps, is that supposedly
this is their first store of a bunch to come in new england.

A whole bunch?  Hmmm...  I wonder if they'll set up one in Marlborough, to
compete with the local Wal-Mart just up the road in Hudson...  Of course,
traffic here is bad enough already...  *sigh*

-Jeremy.