 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 568
Re: Art stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:01:50 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

Hi Bostonians,

I'm looking for an art supply store that sells marker paints (eg Marvey,
Uchida) around the Boston area.
(Yes, this does have to do with lego - I'm going to paint lego pieces with
it ;-)

Please LMK if you know any.
TIA,
Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

Shiri,

I'm not sure about marker paints (like silver and gold markers?), but
these are the "tried and true" art stores for Boston art students.

still, best call ahead.

in Boston:
----------
- Utrecht, corner of Mass Ave and Huntington (at Symphony Hall)
- Johnson Paint, Newbury St (by Tower Records)
- Mass College of Art (school store), corner of Longwood and Huntington

in Cambridge:
-------------
- Pearl Arts & Crafts, Central Square, Mass Ave
- Utrecht (was Charrette), Harvard Sq

off 128, N of Burlington:
- Charrette graphic arts supplies

Pearl and Johnson are probably my fav. for their huge variety of
materials and long history. cool employees. both are difficult to park
near, but very easy by the T. (sigh)...I can spend a whole day in
Pearl. fun stuff!
:-)

hope this helps. sorry I don't know places outside the city. And good
luck w/the figs.

-Suz.