 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 283
Re: Next NELUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:11:25 GMT

This sounds great!  I can't wait to finally see the inside of the very famous
MIT Media Lab.

I agree can't wait

Does anyone want to actually propose a date and time for the next meeting?
OK, I will.  How about next Tuesday at 7:30 PM?  (I'm just throwing out an
arbitrary date/time to get the ball rolling; I'm available any night next week
except for Thursday and Saturday.)

I am open for the next couple of weeks anyway although I think next tuesday
might be short notice for some plus I think Suzanne might have to line things
up at MIT and might need some time I don't know.

Although I would be fine with next Tuesday how about the following Tuesday?
This would allow people some time to plan to be there and possibly increase
participation.

As far as ideas for a NELUG-sponsored exhibit, I like the idea of making some
sort of modular amusement park rides for minifigs.  That could make for an
interesting exhibit if we get started on it ASAP.

I like the idea but I want to clear up a slight misunderstanding about my
suggestion of a group project and our MIT exhibit.  I meant for the two to be
separate just because I don't know if we have time for any kind of large
exhibit on short notice.  I was thinking more long term with the projects and
possibly having multiple projects based on the varying interests within
NELUG.  For Mindfest it might be good to display some models and maybe the
beginings of a group project.

That being said I think Eric J. had a great idea for having an LDraw
demo/display.  I think it is something we could get together in short order
with minimal effort.  Plus it is a nice display of LEGO and technology.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO User Group
http://www.nelug.org/