 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 140
Re: I have updated my webstie.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:32:13 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
- Since there's no textual descriptions on the .html pages containing
the closeup images for these models, you could just as well link
directly to your .jpg files (if geocities allows that and if you're
not planning on adding more text later)...  That would make the pages
load more quickly.

The problem with Geocities is that if you don't attach the add you get "Pop-up
Adds" and I find these extremely annoying hence the adds.  I may try and add
some text just for more information.

One thing I like about images being included on a page, even if they are
the only thing on the page, is that at work, my Netscape 3.0 for AIX
pops images up in a separate program, with an extra dialog box to boot.
The result is that they actually take longer to load, plus sometimes
fail to load at all. As a result, I have a "look-at-these" local page,
which I paste image links into.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com