 Local / United States / Kansas / 8
Re: Lego Train Club in Missouri/Kansas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.loc.us.mo
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:19:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Mark Chan writes:

Count me in. I have been so envious of the "coast" train clubs (and the
MichLUG one) and would love to be a part of a MO/KS Lego Train Club (Notice
how I've expanded the geographic reach?).  Andrew Levering has already
produced some cool logos for the Central Midwest Lego Train Club. I think
eastern KS (where there are 3 of us within 25 minutes of KC) could fall into
this category.

Ditto! The established train clubs certainly give us something to work
towards. I've enjoyed much of the content on North Georgia's club web page.
I plan on attending the Greenberg train show on February 16th and 17th, so I
can see their layout. Would also like to take a MOC rail racer along as well.

I sent an e-mail out to a bunch of prospective LUGNET/Lego Club AFOL's in
the KC area in August. There were two other LUGNET members besides myself
who were interested in a Lego Train Club at that time (two in Olathe, one in
Lawrence, KS). Not quite enough numbers in August, but counting Andreas in
KC, you in Springfield, and Andrew Levering in St. Louis, that makes 6. I
think that's close to critical mass!

I have one other person I should be able to bring in from Springfield as well.

Let's start an e-mail list (I'll e-mail the others I contacted last summer)
and cross post everything to these two newsgroups as well. Because of the
previously low traffic here, I have not visited these newsgroups in 4 months
and stumbled across these messages by accident.

An email list is an excellent idea.